Mission of the Specialty Coffee Association of Indonesia:
To increase the quality, value and volume of Indonesia’s specialty coffee.
The Specialty Coffee Association of Indonesia provides effective forum, bringing together all industry members involved with Indonesia’s specialty coffee to promote and set standards for the growing, processing, exporting and retailing of Indonesia’s specialty coffee. To be more specific:
- The association is only concerned with specialty grade Arabica coffee, and
- The association is about standards and certifications whether they are for green bean or the making of an espresso
SCAI activities approved by the AGM for April, 2008 to March, 2009
- Identifying and defining the geographic identities of Indonesia’s specialty coffees
- Increasing the coffee cupping skills of its membership by working with AMARTA to bring the Q-Cup system developed by the Coffee quality Institute to Indonesia.
- Work towards creating a barista training and certification program that would increase professionalism in the retail industry and regularly host an Indonesian Barista competition
- Create a sustainable association, representing all segments of the specialty coffee industry
If you would like to join SCAI, please send us an e-mail using the form below. The association is open to companies, organizations or individuals working with Indonesia's Arabica coffee. SCAI can also be contacted at:
Asosiasi Kopi Spesial Indonesia Plaza Aminta Lantai 3, suite 302
Jl. TB Simatupang Kav. 10 Jakarta Selatan 12310 Telp:021-751 1941 Fax: 021-751 1411